Thursday, August 23, 2012

Queen Bee Watering Can

IMG_1892

LOVE my newest stencil!  It arrived last week from Maison de Stencils which is my favorite source for unique stencils.  This stencil is definitely destined for a pillow as soon as I get around to making one but in the meantime I just love what it did to this great galvanized watering can that I bought today from a new shop that just opened up here in Greensboro, NC a few weeks ago.  I met the VERY nice and friendly Lynn at Rustic Romance and I am headed back there tomorrow with my camera in hand to take some photos of her shop and will be posting them to the blog in the next few days.  I just love finding new places to shop that are filled with fun things to keep my eyes entertained.  Stay tuned for more details on this fun new shop. 

IMG_1856

In the meantime, let me show you my new galvanized watering can that I purchased there today.  Something about old garden tools, don’t you agree?

They have personality.  Much more attractive than the plastic green cans of which I have four.

My goal is to slowly replace all of them with something like this one. 

     IMG_1876     IMG_1879

So, after I got home and I was admiring my new watering can, the idea hit me to see if I could fit my stencil on to the can.  With some very strong tape and some outdoor craft paint, I was ready to roll.  Or should I say pounce?

IMG_1883

I am delighted with the way it turned out!  Très joli n'est-ce pas?

I am linking up to Common Ground’s Vintage Inspiration party along with Potpourri Friday over at 2805, Friday’s Unfolded at Stuff & Nonsense, and Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home

6 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

this is wonderful!! and I would not have thought of stenciling a watering can, but wow, it looks fabulous!! great stencil!

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

It is just stunning! I have to look into those stencils!

Tami Von Zalez said...

Gave it a little oomph!

Popped in from Stuff and Nonsense's Fridays Unfolded.

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

The Charm of Home said...

This is really cute! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Honey at 2805 said...

So cute! Thank you for sharing your project at Potpourri Friday!

Laura and Lisa said...

Oh my gosh! Love this on a watering can! What a perfect fit for the garden!