Friday, May 20, 2011

Today’s Questions

Another episode of  Today’s Questions” compliments of Mannland5.  Here we go.

 1. have you ever gone to see a movie by yourself?

Yes, twice.  The first time I went was when my kids were little and the new Brady Bunch Movie came out.  There was no way my husband was going to pay a babysitter to see that!  So I went by myself.  The second time was a few years ago when they did the version of Pride and Prejudice with Kiera Knightly.  I went to the matinee during the week when my kids were in school.  Lot’s of other Moms just like me doing the same thing.  Not a man in sight!

2. would you rather go through a tornado or a hurricane?

Hurricane for sure.  Tornados were very scary when I was growing up in Michigan.  Especially if we were at school.  They made us sit cross legged and bent over with our head tucked down as far as we could go up against the wall in the hall.  It hurt!  I’ve been through several here living in North Carolina.    We have never been a direct target .   It rains sideways, the sky gets all crazy looking and the wind is horrible.  But give me a hurricane warning over a tornado warning any day. 

3. have you made summer vacation plans?

No!  Want to.  Need to.  Have to figure out what to do with the dog. 

4. what's your favorite accessory?

I love my silver jewelry and lately I’ve been known to wear a few scarves.

5. have you ever been thrown a surprise party?

Once, after we were first married, my husband had some of my friends meet us for dinner at my favorite restaurant and that was a very nice and  big surprise.   But no big “jump out and yell surprise” parities for me.  I’m not big on surprises.   I like to se the train coming!   I did throw two big surprise parties for my husband.  The first was a few years after we were first married.  The second  I threw about 4 years ago.  That one had an 80’s theme.  Great music and I asked that everyone come dressed as their favorite person from the 80’s.  Hillarious!  We had a Pee Wee Herman,  Slash, Madonna, Magnum PI, and Long Duck Dong from the movie 16 Candles.  :) 

6. are you friends with your neighbors?

Yes, when we first moved in it was party city around here.  Thankfully, we have all kind of mellowed out.

7. what's the last movie you saw in the theater?

I think it was the movie “It’s Complicated” and that was more than a year ago.  Oh, and I saw “Eat, Pray, Love”….what a disappointment after reading the book.

8. what's your favorite food network show? 

I have to say Barefoot Contessa.   I always have great success with most of what I have made from her show or books.  I like Cupcake Wars too.

5 comments:

Jane said...

Fun post! I have been to the movie a lot by myself. When I first got out of college I moved from Kansas to Ohio for a job and I didn't know anyone in Ohio. I spent a lot of weekends at the movie theater.
Have a great weekend.
Jane

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I have never been to a movie alone. I think that it should be something I should try. Really enjoyed this post.

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

I've never been to a movie alone. And I've lived through both a tornado and a hurricane. Give me a tornado any day! Hurricanes are way more destructive. Nice getting to know you better. Have a great weekend.

RNSANE said...

Very interesting. I very rarely go out to a movie...usually watch Netflix films. Too lazy and too cheap to spring for a theatre visit.

RNSANE said...

Very interesting. I very rarely go out to a movie...usually watch Netflix films. Too lazy and too cheap to spring for a theatre visit.