Friday, April 15, 2011

Randomness

I planted spinach, lettuce, and Swiss chard in my garden.  The potatoes are starting to come up.  And my favorite garden tool is a hoe.  Just thought you might like to know. :)

Cracking open wheels of Parmesan Reggiano and all the cutting and wrapping of cheese that I did in the last couple of weeks has given me carpel tunnel.  I was first  in line at Target a couple of mornings ago for a wrist brace.  Ahh….relief! 

I am currently listening to Bossy Pants by Tina Fey on my I-pod.   Very Funny.

I am tired of people judging me for liking my Mini Van so much.  Don’t hate me because I drive something you wouldn’t be caught dead  driving and you would rather struggle lifting kids and groceries into your SUV that drives like a truck, sucks gas, and your children are sitting on bench seats  poking at each other while I am floating down the road in cushy comfort, all passengers sitting in their own “chairs” and getting much better gas mileage.  No, don't hate me for all that…hate me because  mine is paid for and yours is not. :)

Not really enjoying The Borgia’s like we had hoped.  So, we dumped Showtime last night and signed up  for HBO.  Have any HBO favorites I should tune in to?

That’s it for now.  I have my yearly appointment with the Gyno and I’ve got to get a quick coat of polish on my toenails.  ;)   (C’mon, I know you do the same thing right before your appointments too..don’t you. Uh huh.)

8 comments:

Ti said...

I can relate to your van love. I love my Odyssey and whenever I take my co-workers for lunch, they are like, "Niiiice!" Leather seats, and cushy goodness all around.

Carol at Serendipity said...

Love your honesty and spunk. Just read your last few posts and I am buying pretzels jelly beans!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Carol

Jane said...

I had a mini van for a long time and loved it. I drive a company vehicle and they took mini vans off of our option list a few years ago. I miss the comfort and the utility!!
Have a great weekend.
Jane

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I tend not to judge what people drive. I feel as long as what your driving gets you from A to B safely and in one piece that's all that matters.

Unknown said...

You stay with your minivan, girl! I had a HOnda Odyssey for a long time. But when the kids grew up and it was just me, I felt like I was driving around in an empty bus. So I got a little jetta. And I completely agree with you about the SUVs! Ha!

4thelove! said...

you crack me up....

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Hello!

I am addicted to HBO's Boardwalk Empire!!!!!!

The clothes alone are worth the viewing. This show is so meticulously accurate in the historical portrayal it's crazy. I love it

Janet xox

Denise said...

I love my mini van too, I've had one ever since I found out I was pg (10 yrs ago) ;) I've had the Dodge Caravan, Chrysler Town & Country and now the Honda Odyssey...loved them all!