Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Finally, A New Kitchen Dining Set

New Table Set 004

I have been honestly looking for years for a new dining set for our kitchen.  The one we had was more that 20 years old and was purchased in the rush of one of our many moves and at the height of the “Country’ decorating style.  I grew to hate it and covered it with a table cloth for many years trying to make due.

 New Table Set 010 

It’s a small space that calls for a small table.  I wanted a glass table top to visually make the dining space even larger but could not find anything even close to what I wanted in looks and price.  I finally found it.  It ended up not having a glass top but that’s okay…I think I like this even better.  We were very limited in that it had to be small….42 inches, it had to round, and I didn’t want it to be chunky looking. 

  New Table Set 014

I think the wrought iron base for the table and the chair backs helps make the set visually take up less space.

New Table Set 002

And then of course, I had to do some re-arranging and re-decorating with some of the things I already have.  In this area I had a cream colored and very French looking chair.  But now with the new set, that I think looks more Italian….I decided to move it and go vertical with some fruit prints that I had scattered throughout the kitchen.  I kind of like them all hung back together vertically.

New Table Set 015

And don’t let all the wine fool you.  While there are a few nice bottle in the mix, there are also bottles of Boones Farm Strawberry Hill, Old Fart, and Jim, Jim which were all gag gifts for my husband’s birthday a few years ago.  (Undrinkable I think but they do make for good conversation.)  :)

14 comments:

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Yeah - it's lovely. I really like it. Love the pattern on the table top too - scallops are nice. I hope you and your family enjoy many meals together there.

:)
ButterYum

Marla said...

So very pretty! love the new dining set and the fruit prints look awesome with the wine basket on the floor. Your home is very lovely. Marla

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

LOVE the dining set and the prints look REALLY good hung vertically together like that!

Old Fart wine does sound interesting....lol

Lou Cinda :)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Great table and chairs and looks perfect in that space.

Ti said...

I will never own a glass topped table again. It's too hard to keep spotless. I have kids so there was always a fingerprint, driving me nuts.

I think your new table is perfect!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Really nice set, Lisa! I think I like this better than glass. Love the open ironwork on the chair backs.

Anonymous said...

Nice... they go great with the room. Also, I love your kitchen cabinets. They look exactly like the ones I had when we lived in Arizona. Oh how I miss that kitchen!

Di

Jo said...

It's perfect for your spot and the design if fabulous. I too think I like it better than a glass top. Now we just need to work on your wine selection :)

Thanks for the PB tip ~ I'm off to find them.

Jo

Denise said...

I love it, so where did you actually get it from? I don't like the new one I bought a couple of years ago which has bar height seating so I put it up in the game room and brought my old table back down, which is pretty small too and the chairs are getting a bit 'wobbly'! I'd love to buy something like you have, it looks gorgeous.

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Very petty! I really like it a lot, Lisa! Like you, we've had the same "country" look kitchen set for 17 years. Well made, but not my style and finish. In an effort to save a buck, I've been planning to paint it. We'll see . . . now seeing your new set is kinda making me think about buying a whole new one.

Funny about the wine! You may just have to taste-test one or two of them for the heck of it. Well, maybe not the Boones Farm LOL!!!

Karen said...

Round tables are great for conversation and I love the fabric on the chairs too.

Melanie said...

I really like the table. The color of the wood looks really rich and I love the wrought iron too.

I really love the fruit prints!

Allyson said...

That dining room set is fantastic and it is so VERY Italian! You're right about the chairs...with the fairly open back, it really opens up the room. And as someone who has had a glass-top dining room table, you don't want one. If you have ANY OCD tendencies at all, it will only make you crazy. Congrats on finally finding a piece you love. I'm the same way when choosing new furniture. We once spent 3 years looking for a new entertainment center!

Unknown said...

I really love your kitchen set! I've been looking for one very similar to yours. May I ask you where you bought it?
my email address is: judyface@hotmail.com
Thanks!