Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Country Fried Craziness

image

It seems we missed the Dixie Classic Fair. Over 325,000 attended just this past week. Oh, well. Mayberry Days was just a couple of weeks ago and I think we got our fill of wholesome country fun there and will have to put attending the Dixie Classic Fair on the back burner till some other time. We really aren’t a “fair attending kind of family” anyway.

But I do have to say it would have been fun to see with my own eyes the Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger they were selling for only $5.00. It was making it’s debut at the fair this year and I missed it. Not that I would ever eat one of these things. Well, maybe just a bite and just to say I did. It would be nice to have that little nugget of conversation in my back pocket. You know, in case I was ever interviewed for Bon Appetite magazine and got asked “What is the most ridiculous thing you have ever eaten?”. :)

6 comments:

Denise said...

A Krispy Kreme cheeseburger :-/ what next! but I agree I'd have to at least take a bite... just ya know, so I can say I've tried it!

Laurie said...

Wow! It sounds really weird, but I bet it tastes really good...

Allyson said...

Oh hurl! Although I could definitely see a Fair Taste Challenge working its way into being. Like: here's your fried twinkie, elephant ear, and Krispy Kreme cheeseburger. Enjoy. And the ambulance is parked right over there.

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Funny, Lisa! Me and Son No. 2 were just talking about these the other day. Neither of us have tried one, but I'd love just a nibble. Just to say I've tried it. Can you just imagine the fat grams in that thing?! OYE!!!

Ti said...

Bacon seems to go well with everything so I can see a donut/bacon combo but hamburger?? They come up with the weirdest stuff.

My fave fair food is roasted corn on the cob.

Bring Pretty Back said...

I am ashamed to say ... it sounds good!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin