Friday, September 24, 2010

Outdoor Fireplaces

If I didn’t have one kid in college and another one on the way….this is what I would have in my backyard.

 image

I would love to have an outdoor fireplace.  Especially this time of year.

  image     image

After the long hot summer we just had…and it is still not over….92 degrees again today…IN SEPTEMBER!

But the weather powers that be say that starting on Sunday we should have more seasonal weather in the 70’s.  THANK YOU!

image   image

Anyway, I would love to sit outside on a cool evening under a canopy of stars with a roaring fire.  Fake  strings of lights are fine with me. 

image   image

I like how this first one backs up to the house and then they have a pergola/roof over the flagstone patio and steps.

And this second fireplace looks like it was built inside a screened in porch.  Also good in my book.

image

And this one…with the outdoor grill and bar area.  Someday…

We are off to Mayberry Days to Celebrate 50 years with Barney and Andy.  Hope it’s post worthy and I have my camera packed!

Happy Friday!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd take any one of the fireplaces you have pictured. How relaxing and enjoyable that would be!

Denise said...

I love them :) I have that photo with the arched gazebo saved in my 'home ideas' folder, I'll have to copy some of these other ones. One day too I'd love something like this... we can dream right ;)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous spaces! *drool*
WOW! one in college and one on the way!! I admire your bravery :)

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Oh my goodness, I love that first one... it is beautiful! I still remember one I saw on HGTV years ago that had old glass and metal around it, it was beautiful and reminded me of the Metro in Paris with all its curvy metal lines.

I wanted to thank you for your lovely, kind comment on my blog about my cat, Gigi. It is appreciated so much, thank you!
xo~Tracie

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Oh, Lisa, this is one of my big desires! We currently use, rused ole fire thingy. It's moveable, not sure what to call it! Anyway, we love it. We have fires in it all the time! But I so long for an actual outdoor fireplace. A good friend of mine just had one built in her yard with a new patio and I'm super jealous ;o)

Maybe some day . . . .

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love!!! Especially the first image!!! xo

Chelsea said...

I agree, I think these are beautiful. Apartment living has it's restrictions though! Some day...