Sunday, April 4, 2010

Stepping Stones

     Stepping Stones and daffodils 011

I have found yet another way to use my number stencils and this project could not be any easier of faster!  We did some Spring yard cleaning this weekend and one of areas we attacked was a small garden off of our deck with a doorway that leads to the back of our garage.   It’s an area that gets way too much sun and by the summertime it turns into a weed festival.  We cleaned it up, put down some landscape fabric to control the weeds and then covered with a layer of pine bark mulch.  Much improved.  I had 3 round cement stepping stones that looked way too “industrial” leading to the garage door and decided to decorate them up bit.

Stepping Stones and daffodils 007   Stepping Stones and daffodils 006

I simply gave each cement stone (which you can get at the Home Improvement store for cheapness) a nice coat of black spray paint.  I painted the tops and sides but left the bottom side alone.

Stepping Stones and daffodils 010

After they dried, I stenciled on my numbers with a creamy colored acrylic craft paint.  That’s it!

Stepping Stones and daffodils 014

Here is one of them close-up.  I am expecting that these will last many years because I have a flat stone in my garden that my son painted for me many years ago using craft paints.  It’s at least 10 years old now and a bit faded but I can still see the lion he painted on it for me. 

Stepping Stones and daffodils 013

Easy as 1, 2, 3. :)

I am linking this post up to Make It For Monday, The DIY Project Parade, and  Metamorphosis Monday over at Between Naps on the Porch.  Stop by all these great links to see more creative projects.   Great ideas for everyone!

And before you go….

image

I am sorry but that is funny!!

13 comments:

deb said...

Cute idea!
*hugs*Deb

Melanie said...

You are a number making machine:) Hope you had a nice Easter. I love the green grass outside!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Nice touch to bring outside, Lisa! I was going to do outside work today, but just couldn't get into it. Although, I always feel good once I accomplish something like you did with the mulch in your area.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Very nice way to dress up a walk area leading to your door.
I might have to try it.

Hugs
Sissie

Allison Shops said...

Nice idea. We mulched today - tis the season! Be sure to stop by AtticMag this week for a Giveaway!

Martha said...

How clever and how original!

Unknown said...

Very cute! I really love them.

Nancy

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

That is such a cute idea! I see some painted stepping stones in my future.

The bunny cartoon is too funny!

Brenda Pruitt said...

I wish I'd thought of this a few days ago when I was needing pavers in my yard. Not too late though. I can still put some in the garden. Marvelous idea!
Brenda

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

absolutely delightful! I love it! ...I want to make some for my yard, too! I hopped over from Cottage Instincts and am so happy that I did. Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day this week when you get a moment. I have become a follower and hope that you will do the same. until later...

Denise said...

They look great:-)

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Great idea! They turned out fabulous! And the bunny cartoon was hilarious!!!

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said...

These are so cute! We just dug up some old stones similar to these in our yard - what a great touch! Although I scrubbed and scrubbed those boogers and there is STILL mud on some of them!