Saturday, August 8, 2009

More Flowers. I know!


I picked up another beautiful arrangement from Ellen Ashley from Ellen's Flowers . I took my blue jug vase to her and exchanged it for this new arrangement in a duplicate blue jug vase. It is gorgeous. She grows all her own flowers in her many gardens. Saturday mornings you can find her gorgeous arrangements at the new mini Farmer's Market in Summerfield, NC. You can reach her at ellen_Ashley@bellsouth.net.


It is actually called the "Hillsdale Farmer's Market" and is open on Saturday mornings from 8 till noon and I love stopping by there to get my tomatoes now that my own personal garden was leveled by the deer. They have vegetables, breads, pound cakes, watermelons, and plants and Greek food like spanokopita and baklava. One week we found some nut butters that were so unusual and delicious. Fresh brown eggs and honey and last week organic red and white wines were sampled from Oregon.

Then there is the shop "Dwelling" that this all takes place in front of. It is kind of a "shabby chic" shop with lamps, things for your walls, and architectural pieces. The owner likes the idea of re-using and recyling and organic. It is such an unusual shop and it is lots of fun to browse. This is the market where I was going to sell my pickles. The owner wants to make sure that all the products sold there are grown or made from ingredients from this area, I guess with the exception of the organic wine from Oregon :) or made from organic or recyled material. This helps keep it unique and I hope it continues to grow. It is worth stopping by if you are in the area. (It's at the corner of NC 150 and Lake Brandt Road in Summerfield 336-298-4401

No comments: